Markforged Metal X 3D Printer
COMPLETE METAL SOLUTION: Everything you need to go from design to fully functional metal parts in under 24 hours — the Metal X 3D print system is an end-to-end manufacturing solution.
Based on our 4th generation composite 3D printing technology, the Metal X is a brand-new kind of 3D printer. By printing metal powder bound in a plastic matrix, we’ve eliminated the safety risks associated with traditional metal 3D printing while enabling new features like closed-cell infill for reduced part weight and cost.
Affordable Metal 3D Printing
The Metal X is up to 10x less expensive than alternative metal additive manufacturing technologies — and up to a 100x less than traditional fabrication technologies like machining or casting.
Manufacturing Made Easy
Our cloud-based printer management software, built-in touchscreen interface and automatic material tracking make the Metal X system the simplest way to manufacture metal parts.
Metal X Printer Properties
- Technology: ADAM (Atomic Diffusion Additive Manufacturing) At the intersection of 3D printing and metal injection molding, ADAM is an all new way to build metal parts.
- Build Volume: 250 mm x 220 mm x 200 mm (9.85 in x 8.66 in x 7.87 in)
- Layer Height: 50 μm
- Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
- Machine Footprint: 575 mm x 467 mm x 1120 mm (22.64 in x 18.39 in x 44.09 in)
- Print Bed: Kinematic coupling – Flat to within 80 μm
- Laser: Bed Leveling, Active Print Calibration
- Internal Part Geometry: Closed Cell Triangular Inline & Closed Cell Hexagonal Inline
- Power: 100-240VAC, 150W (2A peak)
- Supplied Software: Markforged Eiger Software, Cloud Storage, Local Storage or Fully On-Premise
Metal X Printer Materials
- Stainless Steel: 17-4 PH & 316L
- 17-4 PH stainless steel combines high strength, corrosion resistance, and hardness, making it widely used in aerospace, medical and petroleum industries. We use it for assembly fixtures and tooling on the X3, X5 & X7.
- Also known as marine grade stainless steel, 316L stainless steel exhibits very good corrosion resistance and excellent weld ability.
- Tool Steel (Beta): A2 & D2
- Aluminum (Beta): 6061 & 7075
- Inconel (Beta): IN Alloy 625
- Titanium (Beta): Ti-6Al-4V
- Copper (Beta):
Post Processing Equipment
- Furnace: Sinter 1
- Washing Station: Wash 1
- Note: Ideal to have these set as or with a radio button that one would click and take them to the specific page for each.