Markforged X5 Composite 3D Printers
Markforged products transcend the realm of 3D printing prototypes and trinkets. Using unique technology to print amazing carbon fiber parts that can be reinforced for metal-strength, we break down the barriers between idea and reality for every designer, engineer and manufacturer.
The Markforged X5, featuring the unique Dual Nozzle Print System, unlocks the ability to weave a strand of Continuous Fiberglass throughout a part by printing the tough and dimensionally stable Onyx plastic as an exterior shell to the interior Fiberglass reinforcement for added strength and durability. This power-couple of materials provides a structural reinforcement that is 20x stiffer and stronger than typical 3D parts, as strong as some metals, crafting each print one layer at a time with precision and accuracy in all design elements.
Add a machined aluminum stage with kinematic bed coupling, and a precision ground print platform. Then close the loop with software – instrumenting each machine with a full sensor suite including motor encoders and a calibration laser so accurate that it can compensate for single digit changes in room temperature.
X5 Printer Properties
- Build Volume: 330 mm x 270 mm x 200 mm (13 x 10.6 x 7.9 in)
- Layer Height: 50 μm
- Technology: Fused Filament Fabrtication (FFF) & Continuous Fiber Fabrication (CFF)
- Machine Footprint: 584 mm x 483 mm x 914 mm (23 x 19 x 36 in)
- Z Layer Resolution: 50 μm
- Machine Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
- Media Cartridge: Plastic Composite Filament
Continuous Composite Filament
- Internal Part Geometry:
Closed Cell Triangular Infill
Closed Cell Hexagonal Infill
- Print Bed: Kinematic coupling – Flat to within 80 μm
- Laser: Bed Leveling, Active Print Calibration
- Power: 100 – 240VAC, 150W (2A peak)
- Supplied Software: Markforged Eiger Software, Cloud Storage, or Fully On-Premise
X5 Printer Materials
Using the Markforged proprietary Onyx material, an engineering grade thermoplastic, parts and products are printed with excellent surface finish and chemical resistivity. Fiberglass reinforced Onyx composites are as strong as metal – 20x stiffer and stronger than typical 3D printed parts. The X5 printer features 50-micron resolution layer height that ensure a flawless surface finish that would otherwise be found in injection molding products
Material Properties:UTS: 36 MPa (1.2x ABS); Flex Stiffness: 2.9 GPa (1.4x ABS)