Markforged X7 Composite 3D Printer
Markforged products transcend the realm of 3D printing prototypes and trinkets. Using unique technology to print amazing carbon fiber parts that can be reinforced for metal-strength, we break down the barriers between idea and reality for every designer, engineer and manufacturer.
Built from the ground up for reliable performance, the X7 delivers breakthrough quality and precision in composite 3D printing. The top-of-the-line industrial grade platform features a strengthened dual nozzle print system that supports Continuous Carbon Fiber and Kevlar reinforcement. Laser inspection scans parts mid-print to ensure dimensional accuracy for the most critical tolerances.
The X7 printer provides a faster, stronger and less expensive alternative to Aluminum components. The Continuous Carbon Fiber parts created with the X7 have been proven to withstand the toughest of applications with more reliability than parts made with 6061 Aluminum materials. Parts 3D printed on the X7 are typically ready for use straight off the printer.
X7 Printer Properties
- Build Volume: 330 mm x 270 mm x 200 mm (13 x 10.6 x 7.9 in)
- Layer Height: 50 μm
- Technology: Fused Filament Fabrtication (FFF) & Continuous Fiber Fabrication (CFF)
- Machine Footprint: 584 mm x 483 mm x 914 mm (23 x 19 x 36 in)
- Z Layer Resolution: 50 μm
- Machine Weight: 68 kg (150 lbs)
- Media Cartridge: Plastic Composite Filament
Continuous Composite Filament
- Internal Part Geometry:
Closed Cell Triangular Infill
Closed Cell Hexagonal Infill
- Print Bed: Kinematic coupling – Flat to within 80 μm
- Laser: Bed Leveling, Active Print Calibration
- Power: 100 – 240VAC, 150W (2A peak)
- Supplied Software: Markforged Eiger Software, Cloud Storage, or Fully On-Premise
X7 Printer Materials
Have the flexibility to print in 6 materials. Using Markforged Onyx, an engineering grade thermoplastic, & HSHT (High Strength High Temperature) Fiberglass material, parts and products are printed with excellent surface finish and chemical resistivity, and are as strong as metal – 20x stiffer and stronger than typical 3D printed parts. Parts can also be produced in Nylon, standard Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber and Kevlar. The X7 printer features 50-micron resolution layer height that ensure a flawless surface finish that would otherwise be found in injection molding products
Material Properties:UTS: 36 MPa (1.2x ABS); Flex Stiffness: 2.9 GPa (1.4x ABS)